1994-05-24 - Re: compatibility with future PGP

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: Rick Busdiecker <rfb@lehman.com>
Message Hash: f168821e25a765945392f720d6d56a95a0c0d50e57d666630aa78c57d60a6380
Message ID: <9405241741.AA02631@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <9405241733.AA12507@fnord.lehman.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-24 17:41:46 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 May 94 10:41:46 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 10:41:46 PDT
To: Rick Busdiecker <rfb@lehman.com>
Subject: Re: compatibility with future PGP

Rick Busdiecker says:
>     There are 250 million people in the U.S., which constitutes under
>     1/20th of the Earth's population.
>
> These statistics are somewhat misleading given that the vast majority
> of users that are on the net are in the U. S.  I suspect that the same
> is true for computer users in general, but I'm much less certain.
>
> I agree that this legal silliness is unfortunate, but I don't think
> that it's especially terrible that Adam would like to be able to
> advocate PGP use at work without putting himself at risk.

You've misunderstood. The point is only that overseas users,
technically speaking, do not have access to 2.[56], and might want
patches. I didn't say anything about whether Adam should be running
2.[56] on his machine.

Perry

Thread