1994-09-16 - Re: if this is RC4

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 41f0baff181161b54a1921c9e62406c1d260cf8a15aef35a797438a66b1be818
Message ID: <199409161454.HAA25139@netcom10.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9409161318.AA06070@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-16 14:55:18 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Sep 94 07:55:18 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 94 07:55:18 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: if this is RC4

"Ian Farquhar" says:
> > If it is, then the person who did it has gone to a lot of trouble to
> > make the source layout and coding style very similar to the publicly
> > available MD[245] sources.

Many people use this style.

Suspicious, but no fingerprint.

Perry E. Metzger writes
> One possibility is that the author may have simply decompiled the
> original code...

Decompilation would not preserve the original style.

Is "decompilation" actually the word you had in mind?

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we              James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.                jamesd@netcom.com

Thread