1994-09-19 - Re: if this is RC4

Header Data

From: “Ian Farquhar” <ianf@wiley.sydney.sgi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fc49192e6def87c7819efa8e14f392544bf154f87ecc7f76db58717802c9f368
Message ID: <9409191501.ZM8872@wiley.sydney.sgi.com>
Reply To: <199409161454.HAA25139@netcom10.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-19 05:04:52 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Sep 94 22:04:52 PDT

Raw message

From: "Ian Farquhar" <ianf@wiley.sydney.sgi.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 94 22:04:52 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: if this is RC4

On Sep 16,  7:54am, James A. Donald wrote:
> > > If it is, then the person who did it has gone to a lot of trouble to
> > > make the source layout and coding style very similar to the publicly
> > > available MD[245] sources.

> Many people use this style.

That same general style, yes, but not to the extent this code is similar.
Indeed, I would hazard a guess and say that the RC4 code and the RFC MD[245]
code were both written by the same author, based on their layout, variable
name choice and general coding style.   Do a side-by-side comparison and you
will see what I mean.

						Ian.

Thread