1994-12-16 - Re: McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

Header Data

From: Jonathon Fletcher <jonathon@izanagi.sbi.com>
To: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 54c101c1f8ae8ee209cd142dd6c71ed1aa6b32e722619fb551edf89ffbb718b4
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941216110701.5976L-100000@doe174g>
Reply To: <199412152216.OAA19537@netcom10.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-16 02:19:46 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Dec 94 18:19:46 PST

Raw message

From: Jonathon Fletcher <jonathon@izanagi.sbi.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 94 18:19:46 PST
To: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

On Thu, 15 Dec 1994, James A. Donald wrote:

> Perry E. Metzger writes
> > The point, Tim, is that you keep conflating a bad MIME read that you
> > happen to use with the notion that MIME is bad.
>
> No two mimes seem to entirely agree what mime format is.
>
> I use Sun's stuff.  It is a pile of stinking shit.
>
> Sure, mime would be great if everyone had a great Mime
> and every diverse system with every diverse mime
> interpreter all worked and they all worked in the same
> way.

There is only ONE MIME - it's in the rfc (I've forgotten the number). If
it's the same as the rfc - it's MIME. if it ain't then it aint MIME.

The sun stuff is a good example of how bad it can get. But it's not MIME. not
mailtool anyway. It is a stinking pile of [insert expletive here]. But it's
not MIME.

-Jon

--
  j.fletcher@stirling.ac.uk
  "opinions are my own. not necessarily those of anyone or aything else"

Thread