1995-01-27 - Re: jpunix.com and MX’ing

Header Data

From: storm@marlin.ssnet.com (Don Melvin)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5852b04fa0c2af8a2c52cbc44e0ffeafec874ffbf15c8420cbbf92e5d38d9272
Message ID: <1P8AlKJXYHxT078yn@ssnet.com>
Reply To: <m0rWbPO-000yxSC@myriad.pc.cc.cmu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-27 06:13:14 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 22:13:14 PST

Raw message

From: storm@marlin.ssnet.com (Don Melvin)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 22:13:14 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: jpunix.com and MX'ing

Again in the vein of simple to implement...you could set up several
ghost machines that don't really exist but look as if they where
connected to the IP machine through uucp.  I'm not really sure what
the From: address would look like, but it should be easy to generate.

If this was workable, you could create x ghost machines and randomly
pick a From: for each message.  True, the Inet box would be ID'ed,
but as a transmission agent, not an originator.

As I said, I don't know how uucp and Internet mix today, my e-mail
address used to say {...}!uunet!reign!storm.
--
America - a country so rich and so strong we can reward the lazy
          and punish the productive and still survive (so far)

Don Melvin                  storm@ssnet.com                finger for PGP key.
 According to the obituary notices, a mean and unimportant person never dies.

Thread