1995-07-24 - Re: An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers…

Header Data

From: anon-remailer@utopia.hacktic.nl (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0bcee3c8950037d1cd22b11c53936e15603b1c030017b6a5f2ae924fe377799a
Message ID: <199507242313.BAA27191@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Raw Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 16:19:10 PDT

Raw message

From: anon-remailer@utopia.hacktic.nl (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 16:19:10 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers...

Phil Fraering writes:
>  Why not "charge" for the ability to send an anonymous message with
>  the duty to have for a short time (maybe an hour or two) running
>  on your machine a node in a remailer network?

User X on Machine A sends a form via HTTP (or a variant- SHTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
to Machine B.  User Y on Machine C receives an anonymous mail from Machine
B.  Suspecting User X, User Y sends a mail to be anonymized and sent back to
himself to User X.  User X's temporary remailer does as it's told.  User Y
now has a strong reason to suspect User X has sent the said mail.

Cpunks write code and all, but I don't think this one's going to work. :-(

Thread