1995-07-25 - An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers…

Header Data

From: Phil Fraering <pgf@tyrell.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a2b4caead3d43a6922f79561b590e5b263881c1eafdff8d6f622d99c99fffd5d
Message ID: <199507250113.AA24873@tyrell.net>
Reply To: <199507242313.BAA27191@utopia.hacktic.nl>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-25 01:18:15 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 18:18:15 PDT

Raw message

From: Phil Fraering        <pgf@tyrell.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 18:18:15 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers...

Anonymous writes, concerning the "you want a remailer, you run one" idea:

   User X on Machine A sends a form via HTTP (or a variant- SHTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
   to Machine B.  User Y on Machine C receives an anonymous mail from Machine
   B.  Suspecting User X, User Y sends a mail to be anonymized and sent back to
   himself to User X.  User X's temporary remailer does as it's told.  User Y
   now has a strong reason to suspect User X has sent the said mail.

   Cpunks write code and all, but I don't think this one's going to work. :-(

I was thinking in terms of User X running one node in a mixmaster
network. AFAIK, mixmaster doesn't work in one-bounce mode; otherwise,
why would it go through all the trouble of breaking up the messages,
etc.?

Phil

Thread