1995-07-19 - Re: Free The World Web Server project.. :)

Header Data

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
To: monty.harder@famend.com
Message Hash: 18dc2b8d91c6fc93528e3e5fa431c2300319c05c078c7e44358e0d129d980fb4
Message ID: <m0sYOfg-0009tNC@sdwsys>
Reply To: <8AD747E.00030001AC.uuout@famend.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-19 01:31:44 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 18:31:44 PDT

Raw message

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 18:31:44 PDT
To: monty.harder@famend.com
Subject: Re: Free The World Web Server project.. :)

> PE> Rather than spend five minutes writing something on your own you'd end
> PE> up something that looks totally fake.  I believe that what is going on
>
>   No, that's "rather than not writing anything at all". I know how to
> call and write to my congresscritters. The idea of the WWW page is for
> those who wouldn't take the initiative to do it in the first place.
>
> PE> would be discerned by a staffer in moments. Crap like this is called
>
>   They should know, because they send form letters to constituents all
> the time, only they don't bother to vary it a bit.
>
> PE> "astroturf" by staffers, to distinguish it from "grass roots" efforts.
>
>   Meanwhile, back at the ranch... If one of our DC members can set up an
> Imail-FAX gateway, we can publicize some nifty Iddresses for folx to
> send things in their own words, if possible, and if they don't have any
> words of their own, they can borrow some. Boilerplate has to be better
> than nothing.

I hereby offer to setup an Email-FAX gateway for the DC/N. VA area if
there is enough interest and some way can be found to defray an Internet
feed, phone line, etc.

Unfortunately I live just over the line where a local line to DC costs
$.50/mo....  At my house it costs $100/mo.  However, I have a number
of friends (and could probably find others) that a PC with Linux
and two phone lines/modems could be placed at to handle this.

I might even have a junk PC that could handle it.

Anyone who spends much on DC faxes now could save a bundle...

I'm familiar with setting up the tpc.int software, so it should integrate
well.

I'm way too busy and overloaded to both pay for and completely set this
up however.

>  * Is there such a thing as a "gruntled" Postal employee?
> ---
>  * Monster@FAmend.Com *

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams 25Feb1965 VW,OH (FBI ID) sdw@lig.net http://www.lig.net/sdw
Consultant, Vienna,VA Mar95- 703-918-1491W 43392 Wayside Cir.,Ashburn, VA 22011

Thread