1995-07-19 - Re: Free The World Web Server project.. :)

Header Data

From: monty.harder@famend.com (MONTY HARDER)
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Message Hash: 885b02cb9457de9989dd40273fff4f53f7c8d272ce74205644b1993078359a86
Message ID: <8AD747E.00030001AC.uuout@famend.com>
Reply To: <8AD6103.0003000176.uuout@famend.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-19 00:34:26 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 17:34:26 PDT

Raw message

From: monty.harder@famend.com (MONTY HARDER)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 17:34:26 PDT
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Subject: Re: Free The World Web Server project.. :)

PE> Rather than spend five minutes writing something on your own you'd end
PE> up something that looks totally fake.  I believe that what is going on

  No, that's "rather than not writing anything at all". I know how to
call and write to my congresscritters. The idea of the WWW page is for
those who wouldn't take the initiative to do it in the first place.

PE> would be discerned by a staffer in moments. Crap like this is called

  They should know, because they send form letters to constituents all
the time, only they don't bother to vary it a bit.

PE> "astroturf" by staffers, to distinguish it from "grass roots" efforts.

  Meanwhile, back at the ranch... If one of our DC members can set up an
Imail-FAX gateway, we can publicize some nifty Iddresses for folx to
send things in their own words, if possible, and if they don't have any
words of their own, they can borrow some. Boilerplate has to be better
than nothing.

 * Is there such a thing as a "gruntled" Postal employee?
---
 * Monster@FAmend.Com *

Thread