1995-10-06 - Re: Certificate proposal

Header Data

From: tomw@orac.engr.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 312a884144ef6c5002cf05bce9ca80e854bb5caa7799a4dfcb1c739a6beccd23
Message ID: <199510060358.UAA03869@orac.engr.sgi.com>
Reply To: <9510021553.AA13756@tis.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-06 03:59:01 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Oct 95 20:59:01 PDT

Raw message

From: tomw@orac.engr.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 95 20:59:01 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Certificate proposal

In article <DG06FE.IA8@sgi.sgi.com>, Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com> writes:

> OK, so suppose I want to send my credit card number to Egghead Software.
> I get one of these new-fangled certificates from somebody, in which
> VeriSign has certified that key 0x12345678 has hash 0x54321.  I think we
> can agree that by itself this is not useful.  So, it will also bind in
> some attribute.  What will that attribute be?

Um, just a wild guess, but... your credit card number maybe?  (Well,
okay, its hash.)

--
Sure we spend a lot of money, but that doesn't mean    |  Tom Weinstein
we *do* anything.  --  Washington DC motto             |  tomw@engr.sgi.com

Thread