1995-10-24 - MD5 weakness ? [was Re: Netscape Logic Bomb detailed by IETF]

Header Data

From: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
To: fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Message Hash: db79fdbecc29c897bc1a4be8208fec5c6aaef1eca249ebcdbabb0e718dbe9aa4
Message ID: <9510241425.AA08815@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Reply To: <LAA19345.199510231500@garotte.va.pubnix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-24 14:29:09 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 07:29:09 PDT

Raw message

From: Laurent Demailly <dl@hplyot.obspm.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 07:29:09 PDT
To: fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Subject: MD5 weakness ? [was Re: Netscape Logic Bomb detailed by IETF]

DOCTOR Frederick B. Cohen writes:
 > [...] uses an MD5 checksum which the members
 > of this list seem to place unlimited trust in (incorrectly in my view,
 > but that would be picking two nits with one keyboard entry).

Can you elaborate with facts on the supposed weakness of MD5 ?

[btw who talked about 'unlimited' trust ?]

dl
--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom
Prime#1: cent cinq mille cent cinq milliards cent cinq mille cent soixante sept

AK-47 PGP domestic disruption CIA cracking strategic Clinton

Thread