1995-11-22 - Re: Are there enough FBI agents to handle Digital Telephony?????

Header Data

From: Arley Carter <ac@hawk.twinds.com>
To: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
Message Hash: e171fdbcb8aa6051a26ad3ffd71b16e0d6b3d7610dbaf0892e42fa640c1205e4
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.951122092816.26394A-100000@hawk.twinds.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.91.951121134201.2872A-100000@prufrocks.scranton.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-11-22 15:32:48 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 23:32:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Arley Carter <ac@hawk.twinds.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 23:32:48 +0800
To: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
Subject: Re: Are there enough FBI agents to handle Digital Telephony?????

This discussion is beginning to resemble one about the telephone system
about 50 years ago.  A national phone system was considered an impossibilty
by many.  This is because even if AT&T  employed every female >18 years
old as a telephone operators there weren't enough to plug and unplug all
the connections on the all the switchboards.

Regards:
-arc

Arley Carter
Tradewinds Technologies, Inc.
email: ac@hawk.twinds.com
www: http://www.twinds.com

"Trust me. This is a secure product. I'm from <insert your favorite
corporation of government agency>."

 On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, Moroni wrote:

>     There is and probably never will be a shortage of people to carry on
> wire tapping . The term agent could be all encompassing in the future to
> include but not be limited to the hiring of ex-federally employed
> personnel with the talents or capacity for the talent to do wiretapping.
> In other words there are any number of ex-CIA ,DEA, ex-military who if
> were hired would actually save the government investigation time and
> costs because they have allready gone through security clearance. Add to
> that the fact that most if not all FBI personnel have gone through a
> light wiretap course to famililarize them with the rudiments of the craft.
>    All these figures add up to cover the taps in case a disaster of the
> terroristic kind should happen. I feel that numbers are there to worry
> people but that what the FBI is worrying about is whether it can cover
> large ground if there is a siege like state in this country.HOWEVER,
> there will allways be those that opportunistically take advantage of
> circumstances to set up their own invisible little feifdoms along the
> political and social terrain.
>    If you ask me if there is something for them to worry about I have to
> in all good conscience say yes , if you ask if there is something for us
> to worry about again I have to say yes. I don't know if there is even a
> common ground for both sides to work towards because terrorism has grown
> to include the homegrown variety .
>
>                      Deirdre

Thread