1996-01-24 - Re: Crippled Notes export encryption

Header Data

From: djw@vplus.com (Dan Weinstein)
To: perry@piermont.com
Message Hash: 9d70f72d0c42c3ec88797d5ac2f2321b90f3711b6afc9fb83e25bbaf0be83b57
Message ID: <31059274.4508804@mail.vplus.com>
Reply To: <199601231539.KAA10548@jekyll.piermont.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-24 04:04:03 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 12:04:03 +0800

Raw message

From: djw@vplus.com (Dan Weinstein)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 12:04:03 +0800
To: perry@piermont.com
Subject: Re: Crippled Notes export encryption

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:39:03 -0500, perry@piermont.com wrote:

>Set up development shop overseas for the crypto plug-ins.
>
>The solution is obvious and easy.
>
>By the way, I really think Netscape should simply ship Jeff and other
>people to the Amsterdam office or wherever else seems reasonable and
>do all the crypto work from there. It will save trouble and
>hassle. U.S. citizens wanting full 128 bit over the net would then get
>it from Netscape's overseas download sites. No one anywhere in the
>world would be forced to use crap.

Wrong, this would be a violation of ITAR.

Dan Weinstein
djw@vplus.com
http://www.vplus.com/~djw
PGP public key is available from my Home Page.
All opinions expressed above are mine.

"I understand by 'freedom of Spirit' something quite definite -
the unconditional will to say No, where it is dangerous to say
No.
           Friedrich Nietzsche

Thread