1996-07-19 - Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: Jonathon Blake <grafolog@netcom.com>
To: Hallam-Baker <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
Message Hash: 42f87f6385299de454795fa2e60e7733e64b676cb85837a30dcff88fcb851012
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.95.960719073844.6676D-100000@netcom13>
Reply To: <31EF19A5.15FB@ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-19 10:46:58 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:46:58 +0800

Raw message

From: Jonathon Blake <grafolog@netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:46:58 +0800
To: Hallam-Baker <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

	Hallan-bakar:

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Hallam-Baker wrote:

> dangerous people arround besides the government and the government is the

	The most dangerous person is the world is a an armed
	law enforcement officer.  The least dangerous person is
	that same law enforcement officer, dead.

	The _only_ difference between a gang of thugs, and a government,
	is that the latter admit to being thugs, whilst the former deny
	that.  They both operate on the same prinicple -- steal from
	others, and kill those that oppose them.

> only agency that is going to protect society from them. If you don't like

	Governments are the agencies _most_ likely to abuse one's
	freedom.   << Take Northern Ireland, as an example of what
	happens, when a government tries to pacify a region, by
	prohibiting everything.  >>

> living in a country where the police are armed to the teeth then move to
> the UK where there are very few armed police. Of course you will find that

	Note in passing that the British Army is more than perfectly
	willing to massacre the civilian population, it purportedly
	protects.   Of course, that is in their capacity as an
	occupation force, as part of their pacification procedures.

> the price of freedom of mind is a minor restriction on your personal freedom,
> you won't be allowed a weapon either but that is the tradeoff.

	Thanks, but if it is all the same to you, I'd rather live
	in a country where everybody  << including six year olds >>
	carry, and can use Uzi's, etc, as a matter of course.

	Where weapons are just another thing to carry around, and
	used to kill those who don't respect human rights --- like the
	British and American governments, for starters.

        xan

        jonathon
        grafolog@netcom.com

Thread