1996-07-23 - Re: [Noise] was Re: Giving 6 year old kids Uzi’s

Header Data

From: Ernest Hua <hua@chromatic.com>
To: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
Message Hash: 84f0b316899d107d1c17dfbfb9399fcb2966ff1f3a1ab23779b4a25553707cb2
Message ID: <199607230014.RAA00859@server1.chromatic.com>
Reply To: <v0300760dae16b3606e8b@[192.187.162.15]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-23 08:38:44 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 16:38:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Ernest Hua <hua@chromatic.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 16:38:44 +0800
To: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
Subject: Re: [Noise] was Re: Giving 6 year old kids Uzi's

> >Rural America has a very different culture than urban America and urban
> >America's recent attempts to impose its values (like hoplophobia) on us
> >really chafes.
>
> Though it is well known that I am in favor of gun control regulations, I
> have to support Brad Dolan here. There is a huge and traditional gun
> culture in rural American, particularly in the midwest. The way most Jewish

Or the way many blacks were lynched (physically and socially) in the South.
Or the way many asians were segregated.  Or the way many ethnic groups
fought each other in inner cities.

These are cultural relics of the good ol' days I simply can do without.

Ern

Thread