1996-08-03 - Re: A Libertine Question

Header Data

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Message Hash: 86ff8cd530f124b865b32a3a7ec59e822271556a520326177cb3f707e00e26ff
Message ID: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960803002218.1359A-100000@larry.infi.net>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960802164703.1649B-100000@smoke.suba.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-03 06:17:10 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:17:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:17:10 +0800
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Subject: Re: A Libertine Question

> > illegal to operate a residential kitchen and a residential sewge-disposal
> > operation in a city park or a city sidewalk?
>      As long as you are enforcing it on everyone, I don't think you'd have a
> problem

    Let's clarify something here. I am not complaining about these
fruitcakes who want to help the homeless retain their drug & alcohol
stupors, by taking care of them the way one takes care of a child - buying
the food, cooking the food, putting the food on their plate, etc.

I anm referring to the homeless people who stake out "their" peice of a
publicly owned real estate, and set up a continuing residence - cardboard
or better box, ersatz cooking facilities, etc, etc. And then start acting
out their own particular psychoses. Which typically involves accosting
passersby, or worse.

Ya know, if these homeless folks were even doing this stuff with decorum,
 and not making disturbances and assaulting people, I for one wouldn't
give a shit.  Some may recall, as I do, the report in the New York Times a
few years ago about a chap who set up household 30 feet up in a tree in
Central Park. He was living there for 2 years before the Park Rangers
noticed and then evicted him. The fellow had several rooms, and even
running water. Don't ask me how.

I admire that dude.

Thread