1996-08-02 - Re: A Libertine Question

Header Data

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
To: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
Message Hash: eeaefff1939f3516531f020b8b5c7d54076641a8cdff640782ae0427416c7a75
Message ID: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960802005945.11780D-100000@larry.infi.net>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960731130157.0069c420@mail.io.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-02 09:10:45 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 17:10:45 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 17:10:45 +0800
To: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
Subject: Re: A Libertine Question

We require people who have syphilis to divulge who their sex partners
were. I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but I haven't heard of any
activist movement against it in the past 80-odd years it's been in effect.

We require property owners who don't have city-sewage hookups, to install
their septic tanks and maintain them in certain defined configurations
which estop them from contaminating the neighbor's well. I don't know if
that's a good idea or not - but I haven't seen sentiment against sewage
regulation of property owners.

So why should we be terribly upset about an ordinance which makes it
illegal to operate a residential kitchen and a residential sewge-disposal
operation in a city park or a city sidewalk?

Thread