1996-08-29 - Re: A REALLY Interesting Bet

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Message Hash: a641660e19844e3c30d4bb7c3300aab8c0ee590218d22561bcddf2c2f61b60fc
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960828175406.25479A-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <32246E57.7D55368C@systemics.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-29 03:46:36 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:46:36 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:46:36 +0800
To: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Subject: Re: A _REALLY_ Interesting Bet

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Gary Howland wrote:

> Anonymous wrote:
> >
> > Betting on football is one thing, but some of us would be very
> > interested in the odds on US presidential election outcomes as
> > November approaches. This kind of betting is illegal here, and
> > I haven't looked lately for a "Ladbroke's" type site, but it is
> > interesting because the betting odds from across the Atlantic
> > more closely match eventual election results than the annoying
> > calls from Gallup & Roper during suppertime. I have posted here,
> > anonymously, on this topic before, but some of you are aware of
> > who I am. I'll thank you to keep that a secret. ;}
>
> Thinking about this some more - what would people want to see in such a
> betting system.  Would you be happy with two choices?:
>
> 	(Clinton/Dole) or Other
>
> or three choices?:
>
> 	Clinton, Dole or Other
>
> or would you want more choices than this?  I'm asking, since we've been
> tossing around this presidential election idea for a few days now, but
> since we're not Americans, we're not too sure what is a suitable set
> (bearing in mind that our idea for this will get more difficult as the
> number of choices increases).

Are these issues not listed currently on the IDEA FUTURES exchange?

Anyone have the URL?

--
I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
unicorn@schloss.li

Thread