1996-09-17 - Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

Header Data

From: nobody@replay.com (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2a114a2714042858211fe4f1f0f5791a0104bcd07fed68a431d344b29b3fe0b8
Message ID: <199609170532.HAA03260@basement.replay.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960916125640.11930A-100000@polaris>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-17 09:44:38 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:44:38 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@replay.com (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:44:38 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

Black Unicorn wrote:

> > > The thing about _traditional_ charity, of the religious or community sort,
> > > was that it was not treated as an "entitlement," as something the
> > > resentful masses could "demand" as part of their "human rights."
> >
> >    There's no substantial difference between their resentful whining about
> > their rights
>
> Such as the "right" to health insurance, the "right" to free checks for
> sitting on one's chair, the "right" to be treated preferentially as
> equally qualified non-minorities applying to the same job, the "right" to
> housing, the "right" to free education, the "right" to be paid three times
> what your labor is worth in the lowest bracket jobs.

   I wasn't surprised when Attilla flogged a cartoon liberal in responding
to me, but I'm quite surprised you have. I didn't produce or defend a
litany of "rights," I pointed out that Tim is resentful and whines.

> > and your resentful whining about your rights
>
> The right to personal property.

   Malapropos.

> Beginning to get the picture?

   I've had it all along.

> All of the former were created in the last 60 years out of whole cloth
> more as "revolution insurance" than anything else.  They are rights
> because someone said they were, not because they are well or logically
> grounded.

   Absolutely.

> > - except maybe that you whine more.
>
> I should hope he does.