1996-09-10 - Re: Guns Don’t Kill People, IP Does

Header Data

From: Mike Fletcher <fletch@ain.bls.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4d05bb4c9dc627be0d2cc82defbb855e3193ebbd74f34eab711ccd56f8e2ccbb
Message ID: <9609101437.AA06866@outland>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.94.960910084804.8332D-100000@blau.pin.de>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-10 21:11:02 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 05:11:02 +0800

Raw message

From: Mike Fletcher <fletch@ain.bls.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 05:11:02 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Guns Don't Kill People, IP Does

> > > One thought : How many of you would support terrorist
> > > web server (say Oklahoma, TWA, Iran, Lybia, RAF, IRA, ...) ?
> > >
> > > -stephan
> >
> > Consdering how none of the above incidents are connected in any way
> > to the internet, what do you mean?  And what if there were bomb making
>
> Sorry for my bad English, perhaps I got misunderstood.
> Would you run a WWW site where the (say there where some)
> terrorist who shot down (a wild assumtion too) the TWA plane
> claiming it was right and all people should fight 'evil
> America'. Because of your web site there are other bomb
> attacks in the US (or somewhere else, the country is not that
> important) (although it's of course impossible to proove that
> this bombings are 'inspired' by your web site).
> Would you support the freedom of speech in this way ?

	Call me crazy, but maybe if "terrorists" had a web page to
use to get out their particular message they wouldn't need to go out
and blow things up to get noticed (well, except for the ones in it
just for the sake of blowing things up).

> And to those who misunderstood my posting:
> a. I support the freedom of speech.
> b. I'm not shure I can support freedom of speech
> in ALL circumstances.

	Um, which one is it.

---
Fletch                                                     __`'/|
fletch@ain.bls.com  "Lisa, in this house we obey the       \ o.O'    ______
404 713-0414(w)      Laws of Thermodynamics!" H. Simpson   =(___)= -| Ack. |
404 315-7264(h) PGP Print: 8D8736A8FC59B2E6 8E675B341E378E43  U      ------

Thread