1996-09-07 - Re: PRESS RELEASE: GERMANY CENSORS DUTCH WEBSITE WWW.XS4ALL.NL

Header Data

From: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 55dd047ccebfdc1a72bbd0c075d06fe2a81e0f88a306df785f67c6ee7204c25b
Message ID: <32316455.794BDF32@systemics.com>
Reply To: <ae55ae08020210048be5@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-07 14:23:06 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 22:23:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 22:23:06 +0800
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: GERMANY CENSORS DUTCH WEBSITE WWW.XS4ALL.NL

Timothy C. May wrote:

> * as Germany is bent on blocking sites which carry this subversive
> pamphlet, "Radikal," let us mirror it on thousands of sites around the
> world.

Agreed - put them in a dilemna by getting mirrors on machines obviously
important and useful to the Germans.

> * when the Germans went into Danmark and insisted Jews wear badges,
> ordinary citizens (and the Danish Royal Family, as I recall) also took to
> wearing these Star of David badges.

Bad example.  Jews living in Denmark were not required to wear yellow
stars.  The story about the Danish royal family wearing the stars is an
urban legend, spread by the British to make the Danish King appear to be
less of a coward after he fled to England.

Gary
--
"Of course the US Constitution isn't perfect; but it's a lot better
than what we have now."  -- Unknown.

pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06

Thread