1996-11-30 - Re: IPG Algorith Broken!

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a9796128390254912cf31dadde864e0950212c59e38312f2f64fc1fac23647e5
Message ID: <BVP8XD38w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.BSI.3.95.961130013052.19278A-100000@citrine.cyberstation.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-30 16:12:34 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 08:12:34 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 08:12:34 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: IPG Algorith Broken!

Don Wood <wichita@cyberstation.net> writes:

> > > This isn`t strictly true. Don Wood (spit) has actually released the
> > > algorithm details for review.
> >
> > What did poor Don Wood do to deserve the (spit) after his name? Is he a lia
> > and a content-based plug-puller, like John Gilmore (spit)? Is he an ignoran
> > pseudo-cryptoid like Paul "Brute Force Attack on One-Time Pad" Bradley (spi
>
> Amen, and that is only a small part of the gobbldegook that  Bradley and
> his claque  have turkey squatted on you. As I have said before,
>     PBradleyinfo = PBradleyinfo log_base_infinity PBradleyinfo

Pabulum @ Fatbrain about says it all... This net.thug tries to indimidate his
"opponents" by using, without understanding, "kewl" words like "unicity
distance". When that doesn't work, he resorts to words like "bullshit" and to
putting "(spit)" after his "opponents'" names. Paul also mailbombed me by
e-mailing me many copies of my own cypherpunks articles with various
obscenities attached, so I had to have him filtered out. He clearly has no
more credibility than John Gilmore, and their opinions about any proposed
cryptosystem are worthless and totally irrelevant.

Paul should switch to writing science fiction about "brute-force attacks on
one-time pads", where he can use "kewl"-sounding words like "unicity distance"
whose meanings he doesn't understand, and he'll be crtiticized less. Like, no
one would criticize Larry Niven if "Ringworld" were shown to be nonsense from
mechanical engineering point of view, because mechanical engineering is a
complex technical subject, just like cryptography, and science fiction is
escapist entertainment for juveniles, not a technical discussion forum, just
like the "cypherpunks" mailing list. A science fiction writer doesn't have to
understand the meaning of the technical terms he (ab)uses. Creative licence,
you know.

> Thanks Dr. Vulis and DT and others for yur kindness.

You're very welcome. I've seen other people harrassed, verbally abused, and
either hounded off of this mailing list, or forcibly unsubscribed by John
Gilmore, its lying owner, and most of them happen to be Jewish (myself, Fred
Cohen, David Sternlight...) Dale too is starting to get flamed. I wonder if
that has anything to do with Tim May's rants about the descruction of Israel
and extermination of all Jews?

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM