1996-12-31 - Re: Just another government fuckover: New crypto regulations

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: “Attila T. Hun” <attila@primenet.com>
Message Hash: 11b0d5d24f130b6093180b456079cbc99fd47a0c08bdb9099f08ab72e33b7ca9
Message ID: <32C9288C.22E9@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <199612310700.XAA06518@infowest.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-31 13:06:57 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 05:06:57 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 05:06:57 -0800 (PST)
To: "Attila T. Hun" <attila@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: Just another government fuckover: New crypto regulations

Attila T. Hun wrote:

>     Russia never had a communist government, it was a dictatorship
>     somewhat tempered by the power of the apparati (which under Stalin
>     was a joke); it just so happened they practiced the art of the
>     commune in collective farming --except they stole the bulk of the
>     communes' production.  Any concept of the commune ownership was
>     fantasy.

  In Canada, farmers purportedly own their own land, but are required by
law to sell their grain only through the (collective) Canadian Wheat
Board.
  Right now, farmers are fighting this policy, and being jailed for
attempting to sell their grain themselves, on the open market.

  Why is it that governments always seem to be so self-congratulatory
about allowing the citizens to be 'free' to do those things that the
government 'allows' them to do?
  It is so comforting to know that I am 'free' to decide what color of
sand they put in the Vaseline. (I prefer black, myself)

Toto

Thread