1996-12-30 - Re: Just another government fuckover: New crypto regulations

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6701076024cf32fa2e16e0f8bcff603529b7c2419bb1fb80931bcada9892caaa
Message ID: <9m4qZD23w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199612300837.BAA02719@infowest.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-30 14:12:03 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 06:12:03 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 06:12:03 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Just another government fuckover: New crypto regulations

"Attila T. Hun" <attila@primenet.com> writes:

>         books are and have been protected prior to the US Constitution.

"Protected" in what sense? Copyright in a fairly recent invention.

>         the US Government has not been a legal government for years; it
>     is a private club which can be bought, and its services sold to the
>     highest bidder.  It is a collection of whores who are part of a
>     cabal of the very rich and powerful; it is totally unaccountable
>     to the public it represents.  Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the bombing of
>     their own federal building in Oklahoma City in order to scare Joe
>     Couch Potato into giving up personal freedoms for security are
>     perfect examples of a government drunk on it owns powers.  Just like
>     Oswald, they have a perfect patsy with the defendants in OKC.

Like I said the other day, the similarities with the USSR under the last
few years of Brezhnev's life are striking.

>         books are an intellectual 'solution' to the problem. the real
>     problem is the hardware. in order to negate governments and their
>     virtually stated intentions of blocking our inalienable freedoms,
>     particularly freedom of speach, we must be able to distribute
>     universal crypto worldwide, and be able to improve it as the shadow
>     governments of the various spook shows improve their ability to
>     break our code.

Yes, but the impotent "cypher punks" can't write or distribute code.
They can only flame and rant and pull plugs.

>         if you do not have the balls to do it, you are not for freedom.

If you are a "cypher punk", you are not for freedom.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM