1997-01-01 - Re: Fed’s blew it this time.

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Message Hash: 16c581b6f132d79addfbfe0baca9cc6f54cb99bf2455ec5b4af8ea5353e53f44
Message ID: <199701012317.RAA02230@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <056uZD74w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-01 23:02:25 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 15:02:25 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 15:02:25 -0800 (PST)
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Subject: Re: Fed's blew it this time.

The Flamemeister said:
> "Attila T. Hun" <attila@primenet.com> writes:
>>         20 years ago, the Vietnam protests were just dying down. the
>>     movie industry which has been one of the more vocal anti-war
>>     centers (except in making violent war movies which make money) was
>>     still somewhat respectful of the USG.
>Was the media industry really anti-war, or just anti-Nixon? When Lyndon
>Johnson sent the troops to 'Nam, the media first supported him. When Nixon got
>elected, against the media's wishes, the media attacked him over everything he
>was doing, including the war, just like they attacked Reagan and Bush. I'm
>usure if Nixon had pulled out completely in '69, the media would have been
>pro-war. They're whores, like Declan McCulough.

     The movie industry is not the same thing as the media. Observe the
following:
         |                    |movie         |             |
         |                    |     industry |             |

> Dr. Grubor is a Viet Nam vet. I have great respect for him.

     What did he do there? Media Relations? That would explain a lot of things.

Thread