1997-01-19 - Sandy and the Doc

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Message Hash: 83e88174ea67e2fe565d65ad55188dcc858a41252a6f65504dda1a7127c9d5e5
Message ID: <32E19F4B.28A0@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.970118163429.4256C-100000@crl2.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-19 02:20:47 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 18:20:47 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 18:20:47 -0800 (PST)
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Subject: Sandy and the Doc

Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>
> > In practice, a debit card must be tied to a bank account with a valid SS#.
> > You try something suspicious and the IRS will debit the account $500 and/or
> > freeze it.
>
> Not if it's a foreign bank account.

Sandy,
 This is not intended as a flame, but I think one of us is
crazy here (and I'm getting weekend passes from the 'home',
so it can't be me).
 I am finding it hard to understand how the same people who
seemed dedicated to silencing Dr. DV K on this list can
then turn around and 'correct' him, or 'add to' his comments,
or 'one-up' him in the insult department.
 It certainly lends fuel to his claim that moderation will
be merely a one-way censorship process, as did the plethora
of comments (from 'purported' adults), as the espoused date
of the beginning of moderation drew near, whereupon various
missives were launched by the 'righteous', taking 'parting
shots' at those whom they assumed would be relegated to
the CypherPunks Flame Camps.

 I have no quarrel with whatever is done in regard to this
list, since it is essentially a private list, but I am
rather mystified at the seemingly self-delusional aspects
of instituting this nebulous moderation process.

Toto

Thread