1997-01-28 - Re: Rejection policy of the Cypherpunks mailing list

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Message Hash: da202b554cd0cdd0bec0ea4b7b4fa1752226f16afde518b41fb6844f39164495
Message ID: <32EE18D5.62DA@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970128081349.24239D-100000@dhp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-28 21:15:54 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:15:54 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:15:54 -0800 (PST)
To: aga <aga@dhp.com>

aga wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Dale Thorn wrote:
> > Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> > > Dale Thorn wrote:

> > But seriously, I was just telling the folks over the weekend, if I
> > had my hand on the button, a lot of people would die very quickly.
> > As in The Day The Earth Stood Still, a single act of aggression would
> > suffice to be immediately terminated.  The best place to begin, in
> > the USA at least, would be the public freeways.  There you have the
> > most acts of aggression in a short space, and the best pickings for
> > liquidation.  Give me the power, and I'll show you all those nifty
> > techno-ways of eliminating people that have been kept from the public
> > by our benevolent government ("sources and methods").
> >
> > BTW, I don't give a damn about someone "cutting me off", since I'm
> > not aggressive enough (outside of my liquidation duties) to be bothered
> > by that in most cases.  I'm primarily concerned with vehicles who get
> > too close behind, who pass with no safety margin, etc.  I call these
> > people anal-compulsive (as opposed to anal-retentive).  You've seen
> > the videos on PBS, the various animal species whose male members
> > perform occasional "mounting" of others to intimidate.  There are a
> > large percentage of humans who try to do the same thing, demonstrating
> > that they (IMO) have no further need of their lives.

> Boy, it is a fucking Bitch living in that L.A. traffic, huh?

I heard years ago that approximately 10% of the people on the street
are certifiably mentally unstable.  Multiply that by two at least for
Los Angeles (suburban L.A., actually, Hollywood for example is much
safer than Altadena or Westlake Village).

Quincy M.D. (the old TV show) did an excellent piece once on how a
person can more-or-less legally commit murder with a car, by passing
a deliberate act off as an "accident".  It's one area of our law
enforcement where the law (or rules) as stated by the state and as
enforced by the state cops don't even agree.

Thread