1997-05-18 - referers and W3 (fwd)

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0bbc2f13faf59552d30b81c439fd22349c1c0c93a7f417b1731a798cbba7fe1e
Message ID: <Pine.GUL.3.95.970512081613.25461B-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 14:59:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 14:59:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: referers and W3 (fwd)

A friend who webmasters a large site that is implementing referer-specific
content sent me this when I mentioned the cpunks/cryptography thread of a
few months back. I basically agree with the W3C. While user education on the
potential privacy threat is essential, I do not believe that Netscape should
violate published technical standards. There are also privacy and property
issues from the server's perspective.