1997-06-09 - Re: My War

Header Data

From: bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9d87e2b9d22c27616a7a2a752714d8c9dddf855d0eb2410b001beede80a61af7
Message ID: <339C4E1F.11DF@popmail.firn.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970609152448.2461B-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-09 20:37:46 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:37:46 +0800

Raw message

From: bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:37:46 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: My War

Paul Bradley wrote:

> > I started logging the channels. I wanted to silently gather IP addresses
> > and email addresses. These people needed some genuine hacker terror.
> > Among some of the more active and persistent traders were:
>
> se7en believes in attacking other peoples equipment and censoring those
> who say things he does not like. Foo.
>
> > Well, this whole situation is unacceptable.
>
> In what sense?
>
> > First, I would like to apologize to all those who have hired me in
> > the past, and were subject to my emotional rants about how the
> > whole subject was bullshit and not real.
>
> Is this really relevant?
>
> > It is very real. It is disgustingly real. It is so real it will make you
> > want to throw up, and I actually, physically did throw up last night.
>
> Good, I hope your censorous ass chokes next time.
>
> > Second, in reference to previous conversation over the years on this list,
> > and in the hacking community in general, I know this type of activity is
> > not tolerated by us.
>
> Do not include me in either the falsely moral "hacker community", which
> does not even exist anymore in the same way it did years ago, or make
> assumptions that I believe certain forms of speech are more valuable than
> others.
>
> > Yes, I am advocating malicious, destructive hacking activity against
> > these people. Who are they going to run to? The police? "They hacked my
> > kiddie porn server and rm -rf'd my computer!" Right...the police will be
> > so anxious to lock us up left and right.
>
> Anyone who attacks others peoples computer equipment in this manner
> commits a crime, whether they can respond or not is immaterial, it is a
> matter of morality and respecting other peoples right to free spech and
> their property rights.
>
> > These people need to be eradicated from the Internet. While that may
> > never happen completely, enough harrassment will send a message that
> > engaging in this type of activity in very dangerous, and can result in
> > serious harrassment, public embarrassment and computer destruction.
>
> An aspiring member of the cabal crawls out of the woodwork <sigh>...
>
> > This is my war. It will be a public war. I don't care what happens to me
> > by their community or by law enforcement. I feel secure enough that no
> > jury in the world will convict me for taking these people out.
>
> "Members of the jury, we only killed him because he was black, surely you
> realise all blacks are scum, don`t you?"
>
> > I don't expect people to join me here on this. If you do, you have enough
> > information to start. I caution you to log what is going on, and to make
> > sure you are hitting the guilty, so no innocent people get annihilated in
> > the process. Make damn sure you know who you are hitting and why, and be
> > able to back it up with the idea of having to justify your actions in
> > front of a jury.
>
> I would encourage anyone who wants to to take retaliatory action against
> [...]

Sounds like someone's afraid that se7en might trash his kiddie porn
stock.  How on the HELL do you categorize child pornography as "Freedom
of speech"?  How???  It is disgusting and only extremely sick
individuals take a part in it.  If you're defending it, then excuse me
for rushing to judge, but you are a sick, disgusting ass-fuck that needs
a good shot in the head.

Thread