1997-08-13 - Re: Fuck the usenet cabal

Header Data

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: 34f7ae9a49e52b2f6349c03e488aa139283e9ee8e31bc8a5995ec8ab91f837fa
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970813161558.7599O-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
Reply To: <NwLDBe17w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-13 20:32:48 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:32:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:32:48 +0800
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: Fuck the usenet cabal

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> What if a non-US person paid them $40 to spam people outside the U.S.
> with strong crypto?
>
> Is it possible to stuff a blatant ITAR violation into about 100 lines of ascii?

Already been done.  RSA in 4 lines of Perl, etc...  Heck there was even a
site out that that cut a UUENCODED copy of PGP into many bits and asked
people to grab one of the bits to use as their signature.  I.e. Part 50
out of N of PGP, etc...  Someone with huge usenet archives (or cd's) could
search for all of these outside of the USA and put them together into the
whole. :)  No need to pay someone $40 to spam when people will freely do
this.

You could also take a packet radio modem and spam short wave (or
whatever packet radio uses or can use that can get outside the usa) and
send PGP that way if you like.  Or take PGP, uuencode it and fax it
outside of the USA.  Or feed it through a voice synth and read it to
a foreign phone number that has a voice decoder, or compose it as a
MIDI song as Kent suggested and broadcast the song...  Or tatoo it on your
ass then when you visit russia have someone take a picture. :)  (Though
you might then be arrested in russia for porno or whatever the laws are
there, heheheheh....)

Don't even need to use the internet to piss off the feds. :)

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.
..\|/..|sunder@sundernet.com|you once again. I thought you were      |/\|/\
<--*-->| ------------------ |hiding, and you thought that I had run  |\/|\/
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |away chasing the tail of dogma. I opened|.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|my eye and there we were....            |.....

Thread