1997-09-15 - Re: unSAFE won’t pass?

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
To: John Smith <jsmith58@hotmail.com>
Message Hash: c652f1bc78db0a8a5b9f6a37324465a62269ecc1c5a0900bacb8e807db5ad06f
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970915082535.23461A-100000@cp.pathfinder.com>
Reply To: <19970915030641.1770.qmail@hotmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-09-15 12:38:07 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 20:38:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 20:38:07 +0800
To: John Smith <jsmith58@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: unSAFE won't pass?

John,

You don't understand the dynamic. At the NatSec hearing last week, there
were two dozen cosponsors on the committee. But all but one voted to gut
the bill. Many others said they were hoodwinked into signing on.

The tide is changing.

-Declan