1997-10-01 - Re: Secure HTTP servers.

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2658b6bb25ddf504ec9284d6abe1401486940894edffdb8d9effcaa1472d9467
Message ID: <LaBwDe3w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199710011148.NAA01115@taranis.iks-jena.de>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-01 15:52:33 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:52:33 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:52:33 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Secure HTTP servers.

Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz@iks-jena.de> writes:

> In iks.lists.cypherpunks, you wrote:
> >the point of the mail. Could someone point me in the right direction for
> >info on secure http servers ??  Also maybe info on which is better than
> >the other ??
>
> Secure HTTP ist the HTTP protocol based on SSL sockets. You may choose any
> server you like or which fits your needs (database connections, ...). There
> are not so many cryptographic failtures a developer can do. Keep you hands
> away from servers only supporting exportable protocols.
>
> Ask you next Certification Authority for help, they must support your server
> software. (we do run one ;->)

Are the posters in this thread unwilling to criticize C2Net's StrongHold
because they're afraid to get obnoxious threatening letters from Sameer
Parekh's shysters?

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM