1997-10-24 - Re: PRZ Announcement

Header Data

From: Randall Farmer <rfarmer@HiWAAY.net>
To: “Phillip R. Zimmermann” <prz@pgp.com>
Message Hash: 440997ffc11b1564053f7a379528ee67af8b1e345b9e8069383789e64c2340bc
Message ID: <Pine.OSF.3.96.971023202351.6541A-100000@fly.HiWAAY.net>
Reply To: <344FEE15.673F@pgp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-24 01:59:05 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:59:05 +0800

Raw message

From: Randall Farmer <rfarmer@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:59:05 +0800
To: "Phillip R. Zimmermann" <prz@pgp.com>
Subject: Re: PRZ Announcement

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, there's no way in nine hells that Phillip R. Zimmermann
could have wrote:
>   However, I have reassessed my views of who truly has a right
> to control access to privacy and have come to the conclusion
> that privacy is too important an issue to be left in the hands
> of the individual, with the obvious potential for misuse.

Hmm...I haven't checked any signatures or headers yet, but something tells me
that this ain't PRZ. For example, the Organization: header refers to Orwell's
1984 as a "blueprint"...forget the signatures (just got a message saying they
match -- either that person's lying, "they" cracked his key, or it's some
detail that has the program using a different key/ignoring some text), it is
psychologically impossible for someone to go from privacy advocate to
1984-as-a-blueprint that quick.

Randall Farmer
    rfarmer@hiwaay.net
    http://hiwaay.net/~rfarmer