1997-11-04 - Re: Jodi Hoffman: Homophobe!!!!!!!!

Header Data

From: Human Gus-Peter <hgp@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 2d6d0a667c91e6b53f84ae4b8dd9cbe4b7d8fd0d518896371c0842c9c6a620a4
Message ID: <345EC47E.462C@dev.null>
Reply To: <3.0.3.32.19971103220718.00c60100@pop-server.caltech.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-04 06:55:12 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 14:55:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Human Gus-Peter <hgp@dev.null>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 14:55:12 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Jodi Hoffman:  Homophobe!!!!!!!!

Colin A. Reed wrote:

> I found the part about aids more obscene.  Most new cases are among
> promiscuous heterosexuals.  Of course if you are truly abstinent or
> monogamous you don't have to worry, as all blood (in the US at least) is
> now heavily tested and has been ever since HIV was found.  Looks like Mrs.
> Hoffman should take a sex ed class so that she will be able to tell her
> children the truth instead of made up fantasies.

At the risk of sounding like a Bible-basher, I have to admit that
I used to regard an inordinate number of Christians as ignorant,
until I found out that many of them are quite simply being very
deceptive about their nonsensical, party-platform claims.
To tell the truth, I respected them more when I thought they
were just ignorant.

Most of the prosetylizing that I have been subjected to consists of
vague, unsubtantiated claims, followed by prophetic pronouncements
of 'the way things are', backed up by quoting the same prophetic
pronouncements to 'prove' this or that point.

Let me state that I think there are a great many 'good' Christians
in the world. i.e. - the ones that leave me the fuck alone!

Thread