1998-08-06 - Re: Noise source processing

Header Data

From: mgraffam@mhv.net
To: David Honig <honig@sprynet.com>
Message Hash: df5f903d53d6a8bfc0c268df18f953e8861db141a84db2ec9d60ff77faa92645
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980806143912.19983A-100000@albert>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980806103120.007cfb00@m7.sprynet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-08-06 18:55:15 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:55:15 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: mgraffam@mhv.net
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:55:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: David Honig <honig@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Noise source processing

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, David Honig wrote:

> I have not yet done systematic experiments looking at, e.g., entropy in
> less-than full-amplitude noise, or intentionally filtering out various
> pieces of spectrum.

After I get the software end sorted out, I'm going to start stripping
the signal down and take look at some of this stuff too..

> Interestingly, the parity of a $10 10year old Radio shack monophonic
> FM radio, UNSHIELDED, in a digitally-noisy environment, sampled
> at 44Khz and 16 bits, passed Diehard.

Yeah, that is pretty neat .. maybe I'll tear the shielding off of my
source and see what sort of results I get. Maybe the shielding I
put in place is unnecessary.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam@mhv.net)
http://www.mhv.net/~mgraffam -- Philosophy, Religion, Computers, Crypto, etc
"If you die, you win.."
	John Landry, statistics professor discussing life insurance
	and probability

Thread