1998-09-09 - RE: radio net (fwd)

Header Data

From: Matthew James Gering <mgering@ecosystems.net>
To: “Cypherpunks (E-mail)” <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Message Hash: 099d18b28041c0ca79aa189d30f5d238b059127c45c75bdfc1369fa03c65c02d
Message ID: <33CCFE438B9DD01192E800A024C84A19284623@mossbay.chaffeyhomes.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:42:02 +0800

Raw message

From: Matthew James Gering <mgering@ecosystems.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:42:02 +0800
To: "Cypherpunks (E-mail)" <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Subject: RE: radio net (fwd)

So much for "no domestic crypto restrictions." I really hate when people
say that, there are plenty, and export restrictions on cryptography
software and cryptography in software DOES indirectly but substantially
affect the availability and cost of domestic encryption, not to mention
that most people download export-grade crypto from the web for
convenience.

Isn't there a similar ban on encryption-capable telephones and other
electronic devices (other than computers).

	Matt

> > The FCC prohibits the transmission of encrypted data via
> > analog or digital signals by amateurs.

Thread