1998-09-21 - Re: Clinton’s fake apologies (fwd)

Header Data

From: Reeza! <howree@cable.navy.mil>
To: mmotyka@lsil.com
Message Hash: c25464e4ca774fcf2caee62b4b4a14d782d66f5c1e05e94bb70dfaab991191c1
Message ID: <3.0.5.32.19980922040316.0081b9f0@205.83.192.13>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980920152605.0086ba30@205.83.192.13>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-21 05:04:02 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:04:02 +0800

Raw message

From: Reeza! <howree@cable.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:04:02 +0800
To: mmotyka@lsil.com
Subject: Re: Clinton's fake apologies (fwd)

At 09:50 AM 9/21/98 -0700, Michael Motyka wrote:

>Completely illogical. Give me one good reason not to lead with your best
>punch? I suspect Starr's work is voluminous but weak on all other counts
>so he led with what would create the most publicity. I've said that I'm
>no great fan of Clinton's but this entire investigation is blatantly
>partisan and has brought the political process in this country about as
>low as it is possible to bring it.

The affairs of Men rarely rely upon the dictates of logic, or even common
sense.

National Security.
International Relations.
Self Interest Re: Future Employment.
Direct and Specific instruction from immediate supervisor. He does report
to a panel of others.

It is weaker than it could be on other counts, due to many/most/all of the
prime candidates selected to testify against the sitting....person, keep
turning up dead. Go Figure.

Certainly it has ties to partisanship. Clarence Thomas. The Demicans made
the rules, now the Publicrats are playing by them. I'm reminded of a line
from the recent movie "Good Will Hunting". "How do you like them apples?"

Certainly it has given the Nation a black eye. We are now down in the
gutter, at what would seem to be Clintons level, discussing the merits of
cigars with or without extra flavoring.

>Starr's base approach to justice is the opening shot of what I hope
>turns into an all-out scorched-earth battle. Let 'em all fall down. I'm
>just afraid that when it's over the only people who will be willing to
>run for public office will be truly dangerous people who have no respect
>for liberty not of their own definition.

Starr's base approach? You mean 'basic' don't you? No, you were right. But
remember, it is all strictly by the Demican play book.

I also agree that the Beltway needs a shakedown, I share your fears.

Reeza!

"Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American people,
time and time again, and betrayed their trust. He is no longer an
effective leader. Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to put
the American people through an impeachment. He will serve absolutely no
purpose in finishing out his term; the only possible solution is for the
president to save some dignity and resign."

- William Jefferson Clinton, speaking of Richard M. Nixon, 1974

Thread