1998-12-11 - RE: Postcard Debates

Header Data

From: “Wilson, Jamie (J.R.)” <jwilso37@visteonet.com>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: d8163934da72f1e2b12ed1dfd2bc69848f359206869a9fe4b106944c58d1397e
Message ID: <199812111341.IAA15146@mailfw1.ford.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:23:28 +0800

Raw message

From: "Wilson, Jamie (J.R.)" <jwilso37@visteonet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:23:28 +0800
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: RE: Postcard Debates

If everyone just encrypted their messages then no suspicions would be raised
regarding the use of encryption.  Most people use envelopes, plain and
simple -- and as a result no one questions what they are hiding.  It's
understood that mail is private and therefore people have a right to seal it
in an envelope and not worry about people tampering with it.  On the same
note, there are federal regulations and penalties (in the U.S. anyway) for
tampering with mail and interrupting the delivery of it.  The same laws
should apply to email.

Jamie R. Wilson