1994-03-30 - Re: Crypto and new computing strategies

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Message Hash: 68cfb54a67d958c36d33b650c9f1088cdd01d3f59055f3284357c4fbd5b46d62
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9403301026.A6652-9100000@panix.com>
Reply To: <199403301436.AA24132@zoom.bga.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-30 15:44:56 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Mar 94 07:44:56 PST

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 94 07:44:56 PST
To: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Subject: Re: Crypto and new computing strategies

On Wed, 30 Mar 1994, Jim choate wrote:

> it. First, historicaly (and emotionaly on my part) I have a hard time taking the
> premise that the status quo will stay the status quo. I have this belief that
> some bright person is going to come along and blow all our pipe dreams away.

However faster cracking means faster encrypting (using larger keys) as
well.  I don't think the US government can maintain a tech edge over the
market for long in any case.  The Soviet government couldn't.

DCF

Thread