1994-03-31 - Re: Crypto and new computing strategies

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
To: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Message Hash: eb07b4a7ca8d2b97bafa5ecd25814c33457175ce5f3d5ec40e7c676c4e9c1c28
Message ID: <199403311410.AA02376@zoom.bga.com>
Reply To: <9403302118.AA00503@ah.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-31 14:11:10 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 31 Mar 94 06:11:10 PST

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 94 06:11:10 PST
To: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Subject: Re: Crypto and new computing strategies

If the Bekenstein Bound states that no infinitely fast state changes occur
then it is proved wrong by the electron orbital shift when it absorbs a
photon.

On my post yesterday about EM fields, QED, etc.; sorry for the confusion,
I read it this morning and groaned. Perhaps it was the glue which permeated
the building yesterday (repairing stairwell outside my office) which caused
my brain to become stupid. I aplogize and agree that I got it bass-ackwards...

The point I was trying to make was that EM fields themselves are NOT QM, their
interaction w/ Hadrons ARE. Leptons themselves (which a photon and a electron
are) are not constrained by the same rules that limit Hadrons because Hadrons
are made from Quarks. Last time I checked Leptons don't care a flip about
color, charm, etc. The uncertainties which arise in QM arise from the
interactions of Hadrons. If a system does not involve a Hadron then it is
pretty deterministic, sorta like a billiard ball. However, there has been
some research recently (there was an article in SciAm, had a pool table on the
cover) where they were discussing chaos and the pooltable which brings into
doubt even the premise that macro-scale interactions are perfectly
deterministic.

Thread