1994-03-23 - Re: CLIPPER CHIP ON LIMBAUGH

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: rocker - accept no substitutes <rocker@hermes.acm.rpi.edu>
Message Hash: 9510635fe037bebeb035e295949b37553d20e16bea6f1048d4031e1878a52891
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9403230844.A11039-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Reply To: <199403230547.AAA23675@hermes.acm.rpi.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-23 16:31:03 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 08:31:03 PST

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 08:31:03 PST
To: rocker - accept no substitutes <rocker@hermes.acm.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: CLIPPER CHIP ON LIMBAUGH

C'punks,

On Wed, 23 Mar 1994, rocker wrote:

> On Mar 22,  7:31pm, Bruce Fancher wrote:
> } . . .  Last time I checked,
> } the clipper's biggest supporters were Clinton and Gore, who aren't exactly
> } Rush's favorite people.
>
> This is what would concern me.  Limbaugh seems to be big on knee-jerk
> reactions.  Has he got some intelligent insights on the Clipper issue,
> or is it simply another case of "Bill's fer it so I'm agin it!"  A
> well-constructed argument might convince people on both sides, crying
> "Hey, it's a LIBERAL idea, it MUST be bad!" is likely to lose more
> support than it gains. . .

The reason I posted the Rush/Clipper post was because I do listen to
him.  Three things need to be noted about subsequent posts:

1)  It is clear that the knee jerks reactions are coming from folks who
have never listened to Limbaugh for long enough to know what the hell
they are talking about.  I think they are reacting to the untrue flames
uttered by his detractors.

2)  He doesn't just disagree with Bill and Hillary.  He strongly
supported the Prez on NAFTA, for example.  He is very clever and does
some excellent original thinking on important issues--like Clipper.

3)  All of this back biting is truly irrelevant to this list.  Who cares
if Rush practices "hate radio" or not?  The germain facts are these:
	a)  Rush is against Clipper
	b)  A huge number of people listen to him
	c)  His listeners tend to give his opinions great weight

Do we really need to "qualify" Mr. Limbaugh as enemy of our enemy?

 S a n d y

Thread