1994-11-27 - A possible solution

Header Data

From: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
To: Aron Freed <s009amf@discover.wright.edu>
Message Hash: c43083681b69798616d2ef69e998ae01768cdb573258fb3e534e5777cad2d922
Message ID: <9411272126.AA05054@vail.tivoli.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941127155744.2824A-100000@discover>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-27 21:26:50 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Nov 94 13:26:50 PST

Raw message

From: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 94 13:26:50 PST
To: Aron Freed <s009amf@discover.wright.edu>
Subject: A possible solution

Aron Freed writes:
 > If they are caught by other means such as tips from anonymous
 > sources and are then caught doing something illegal and they are
 > also using non-escrowed public key cryptography to commit these
 > illegal acts, then the fines and jail time should be increased. This
 > reasoning is based on the fact that we need to be more responsible
 > with technology.

So why pick specifically on cryptography?  Why not increase penalties
for criminals who in their crimes are found to have used:

*	computers;
*	pagers;
*	cellular phones;
*	Casio watches with multiple alarms;
*	Cars with power windows;
*	Velcro-fastening tennis shoes;
*	Gore-Tex jackets;
*	Ibuprofen pain relievers;
*	Fat-free ice cream;

. . .

| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <m5@tivoli.com>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |
|     (actual fortune cookie) ||| "Like A Little Bit of Semi-Heaven" |

Thread