1995-01-11 - Re: Storm Signals

Header Data

From: “Dave Emery” <die@pig.die.com>
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 088f04a8247aa28595cd59a1d4c9a424af71a882f8c36381e115a2854a11199a
Message ID: <9501112147.AA00447@pig.die.com>
Reply To: <199501111759.JAA18260@netcom10.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-11 21:49:06 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Jan 95 13:49:06 PST

Raw message

From: "Dave Emery" <die@pig.die.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 95 13:49:06 PST
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Storm Signals

	Tim May writes:

> This might explain the few thousand Green Berets being sent, if this
> is so. About the GPS, I have nok idea, though it seems plausible.

	According to a couple of friends who are evaluating use of GPS
for precisely locating radio transmissions the usual selective availablity
dither is still turned on and there have been no public announcements
about any changes in the status of the C/A (public) part of the system.
The P code part of the system is only available to the military and
announcements about it may not be made from the usual USCG BBS that
carries stuff about the civilian signals, but they know nothing about
any change in GPS status recently, nor has there been any change
in the amount of dither or its (random) nature.

							Dave Emery

Thread