1995-02-09 - Re: skronk

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f38d4b948972988579c2c1ed97fc9854b212de90a0b2b4ba4ff0e5cf41b77c54
Message ID: <199502090413.UAA24481@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <9502081137.ZM28317@warp.mcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-09 04:14:43 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Feb 95 20:14:43 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 95 20:14:43 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: skronk

   From: "Kipp E.B. Hickman" <kipp@warp.mcom.com>

   You are right here. However, our observation is that an interesting
   chunk of the world is moving towards using X.509 based certificate
   infrastructures for many things.

It's that interesting chunk that RSADSI is pointing out to you.  When
you see the world through the eyes of a vendor ...

And you know, of course, that PEM really stands for Patent Extension
Mechanism.

I don't really blame you much.  I mean TIPEM handles all the X.509
stuff just fine and PGP can't get out even the simplest of libraries,
or even a partial library.

Eric

Thread