1996-02-21 - Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

Header Data

From: Ed Carp <erc@dal1820.computek.net>
To: Tim Philp <bplib@wat.hookup.net>
Message Hash: 24a6dac89d78050350af1dac56f6b93b291e92407e01f39b7e42deb402c675b1
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9602202353.C12893-0100000@dal1820.computek.net>
Reply To: <Pine.OSF.3.91.960220234608.19136B-100000@nic.wat.hookup.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-21 05:25:23 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 21:25:23 PST

Raw message

From: Ed Carp <erc@dal1820.computek.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 21:25:23 PST
To: Tim Philp <bplib@wat.hookup.net>
Subject: Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Tim Philp wrote:

> 	The issue that I have not seen you address is one that has been
> brought up by several posters to this thread. This issue has to do with
> the fact that if you generate all of the keys (or whatever) what is to
> stop someone from offering one of your employees a LARGE bribe to cough up
> the keys?

Not to mention GAK.  No bribe needed - just a "suit" showing up with what
looks like a court order.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp@linux.org, ecarp@netcom.com
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring

Thread