1996-09-13 - Re: who can count?

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: HipCrime <robert@precipice.v-site.net>
Message Hash: eb09d988416e64dc04bd2b32d50b7ec0448b600dd9dab3ae15544b5e2bc41c27
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.960912223950.4680D-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <3238B18E.7211@precipice.v-site.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-13 07:04:29 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:04:29 +0800

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:04:29 +0800
To: HipCrime <robert@precipice.v-site.net>
Subject: Re: who can count?

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, HipCrime wrote:

> > No, this b.s. is more like having someone put a dead skunk in my
> > mailbox, with no return address, trying to prevent me from sending
> > them 100 dead skunks as a return favor. And about as welcome.
>
> 100 dead skunks in exchange for ONE is exactly what this discussion
> is all about.  You CypherWIMPS just love over-kill.
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^

I suspect you may soon be hearing from far worse than I ...

Some punks take their colors seriously.

  EmailRobot sent
> ONE message to EACH address.  Are you guys so unskilled in arithmetic
> to understand the difference between 1 and 100?
> > One message is NOT spam, 100 messages to a single box IS spamming. > >
> > -- HTTP://www.HIPCRIME.com

The same useless and boring message posted by rote to a huge collection of
addresses is spam, unless participation is voluntary and consensual, in
which case it is a mailing list. :)

Given that less than 1% of those spammed are likely to reply, and merely
hit the delete key and curse a bit, you are hereby awarded approximately
100 dead skunks.

- r.w.

Thread