1996-11-16 - Does John Gilmore suck tale’s cock, too?

Header Data

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
To: Tim Scanlon <tfs@adsl-122.cais.com>
Message Hash: 9cf3f676446a2ed7c109ff8d1cae8af9fe65310bb45bc3eda150306b1a51e2ad
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961116064606.3091R-100000@dhp.com>
Reply To: <9611161024.AA00954@adsl-122.cais.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-16 12:01:06 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 04:01:06 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 04:01:06 -0800 (PST)
To: Tim Scanlon <tfs@adsl-122.cais.com>
Subject: Does John Gilmore suck tale's cock, too?

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Tim Scanlon wrote:

> Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 05:24:56 -0500 (EST)
> From: Tim Scanlon <tfs@adsl-122.cais.com>
> To: Stephen Boursy <rent_control@msn.com>
> Cc: aga@dhp.com, freedom-knights@jetcafe.org, cypherpunks@toad.com,
>     dave@kachina.jetcafe.org, declan@well.com, ifc@pgh.org
> Subject: Re: Censor John Gilmore -- EFF is a disgrace!
>
> Stephen Boursy wrote, along with a horde of others with no lives:
> [lots of worthless crap snipped out]
> >
> > None of that analogy is applicable to the cyberpunks list.
> > When a list gets as big as that, it it no longer to be considered
> > a "mailing-list" but it is a _public_ forum.  The whole problem
> > here is the abuse of power by both the EFF and John Gilmore.
> >
> It's not an abuse of power. It was an effort to curtail inappropriate
> SPAM. Much like this entire topic has become non-crypto SPAM on the
> cypherpunks list.

No it was not SPAM.  John Gilmore attacked Vulis's style, plain
and simple.  Next time I see John GilMore, I will call him a
censorous motherfucker in public.

> >   Well then let's put their precious censored mailing list in
> > the public domain.
>
> Hmm, above that you tried to argue that it wasn't a list, but a
> "public forum", logicly then you state that it is allready in
> the "public domain". Then you turn around and say it isn't, and
> should be taken from a private forum into the "public domain".
> Perhaps if you stopped ranting, you might realize your mistake.

You missed the whole fucking point, and I ain't going
to waste time saying it again.

> > Wrong!  The cyberpunks mailing list is PUBLIC property and should
> > NOT be controlled by John Gilmore!  This just goes to show the real
> > facist censorship motives that the EFF has behind it.
>
> Ahh, but you previously said it wasn't public property.
> That aside, just because you say it is, doesn't mean it's so. Now
> I realize that up there at MonopolySoft, that sort of logic actually
> works, but in the real world it doesn't. The content may very well be
> "public property" as such, but the list itself, and where it resides
> are not public property.
>

> > Time to kill the EFF, and let it rot in hell.  They are disgrace
> > to the entire InterNet community.  I run 6 different mailing lists,
> > and have NEVER puled the plug on anyone, even when they criticize me.
>
> Please, the EFF is NOT a Cypherpunks organization. They may share
> some of the same goals, but they arn't the same. This should be obvious
> to even the most logicly deficient.
> Oh, and it's spelled "internet",

No it is not, asshole!  That is the old way of doing things.
It is NOW and always will be the "InterNet" -- I helped build the
motherfucker in 1969, I should know.

and when use inside a sentance, it isn't
> capitolized, no matter what Bill tells you.

No, it is capitalized, because Grubor tells you.
The name is the GruBoursyNet.

> And if you pulled the plug
> on any of your 6 lists, the members would have the option of reforming
> another list someplace else, but it would be YOUR OPTION to pull the
> plug, unless you were "only" the adminstrator, and not the list "owner".
> John owns the list in the classic sense. (Ok I realize I may have lost
> you there Mr. "InterNet", but the way it works is that either organizations
> or individuals own lists, in this case it's an individual.)
>

> > The first time is the time when you lose all credibility, and there
> > is never any forgiveness for a plug-puller.
> >

> All bullshit aside, this whole thing has NOTHING to do with crypto.
> And it has very VERY little to do with censorship either. And it's
> gotten way, way out of hand. I suggest that it might be better not
> to spam cypherpunks with this stuff, and to give it a rest. Between

I never would join that mailing list, because it is all a bunch
of shit.  The EFF must die, and that is all there is to it.

> the 2 lists & various people I see represented here, with all due &
> serious respect, you folks have GOT to have better, more important,
> and far more deserving issues to devote your time to. I would hope
> that you would take a few moments and think about those things, and
> consider acting appropriatly in light of those thoughts.
>
> Tim Scanlon

Look Tim, you ain't even on the IFC or the F-K lists, so
what the fuck do you care anyway?  Just go publish this shit
on UseNet, like Mr. Boursy says you should do, and stop
bothering our mailing lists.

Stupid pervert cabal.cocksucker, I bet.

Does John Gilmore suck tale's cock, too?

-aga

Thread