1997-01-14 - Re: Newt’s phone calls

Header Data

From: michael.tighe@Central.Sun.COM (Michael Tighe SUN IMP)
To: cypherpunks-errors@toad.com (Bill Stewart)
Message Hash: a1c263f033669cdbe1f61eeb602da144e3772484d1e413da9a11e0c83fc4eb6f
Message ID: <199701142058.OAA05219@jeep.Central.Sun.COM>
Reply To: <3.0.1.32.19970114104854.0065cb80@popd.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-14 20:59:28 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:59:28 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: michael.tighe@Central.Sun.COM (Michael Tighe SUN IMP)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:59:28 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks-errors@toad.com (Bill Stewart)
Subject: Re: Newt's phone calls

Bill Stewart writes:

>Tapping cellphones is more trouble than tapping wired phones -
>they move around, and to tap them from the phone company end
>requires taps everywhere that you activate when you know where
>somebody is.

Exactly. So how come mom&pop with a scanner were able to record BOTH sides
of the conversation without interruption? This seems pretty suspicious to
me. I think Old Newt was targeted by someone inside the phone company, who
was eavesdropping on all of his cell calls.

Thread