1997-02-03 - Re: If guilty of a lesser crime, you can be sentenced for a greater

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6db74afa36d79f934c9762deb0d148ab4b1cdb3e81c73d7deb8f7a125c598c1c
Message ID: <i87i2D17w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.93.970202203822.17818A-100000@asimov.montclair.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-03 05:30:17 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 21:30:17 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 21:30:17 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: If guilty of a lesser crime, you can be sentenced for a greater

OKSAS <oksas@asimov.montclair.edu> writes:

> On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>
> > jim bell wrote:
> > >
> > > Better yet, set up a system to encourage the public to USE those guns (an
> > > other weapons) to get rid of the people who pass such laws, and the probl
> > > is solved.
> > >

> > How about this scenario: I borrow 1 million dollars from, let's say,
> > Phill Hallam-Baker. Not wanting to pay it back, I pay to the
> > assassination bot and arrange him to be murdered.
> >
> > Another story: suppose that I negligently caused fire that destroys
> > house of, say, Toto. Toto knows that if he sues me, I can arrange him
> > murdered for the amount less than the amount of damages. As a result,
> > he refrains from suing me, or (if he is a mean person) pays additional
> > money to have me murdered. A suit would probably be a much better outcome.
> >
> > Another story: suppose that OKSAS hired me to work for her, but then
> > our relationships go south and she fires me. Again, her fate is very
> > unclear, although I would probably spare her life if it were she.
>
> 	Chudov , do you love me?

Oksas, do you really believe in long-distance romance over the Internet?

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM