1997-06-04 - Re: McVeigh

Header Data

From: Hallam-Baker <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
To: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Message Hash: 0ba650bcbec6937b70968491146920ca904003ee06144ca5449df80ea6bf481e
Message ID: <199706042113.RAA15819@muesli.ai.mit.edu>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970604165830.0078e268@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-04 21:35:41 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 05:35:41 +0800

Raw message

From: Hallam-Baker <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 05:35:41 +0800
To: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Subject: Re: McVeigh

> Spoken like a man who thinks that if some Federal Government somewhere tries
> to knock buildings down with tanks and releases massive quantities of tear
> gas
> (admitted by the Federales), it has absolutely no responsibility whatsoever
> for whatever follows.  It was just an innocent bystander.  All this after an
> armed assault on a private dwelling.

Give it a rest. The people inside had already murdered several BATF
agents. They had every opportunity to release the children and allow
them to get to safety. They had every opportunity to surrender.

Since you clearly intend from your earlier posts for "whatever follows"
to mean McVeighs murder of 167 people in Oaklahoma clearly it does not.

The US police may be incompetent and corrupt but that does not excuse
the Oaklahoma bombing nor does it in any way lessen the responsibility of
McVeigh and those who encouraged him.

> I'll have to try that some time with the Jacob K. Javits Federal Office
> building in lower Manhatten.  I know I can count on you to defend me by
> saying
> that even though I hit the place with 20 or 30 heavily-armed troopies and
> then
> knocked a few walls down with tanks and filled the building with tear gas,
> nothing that happened there was my fault.

If you have a duly authorised warrant from a court, the inhabitants have
shot at people from inside the building and you give them two months to
surrender, sure go for it.

Only I think that the SAS is probably better experienced.

> The Feds could have done in 1993 what they've done since (Koresh wasn't the
> only one who got burned there) and LEAVE PEACEFUL PEOPLE ALONE.

yeah peacefull types whose response to a visit from the police was to
lie in ambush and shoot at them with automatic weapons.

So are you suggesting that the police ignore the complaints of illegal
ownership of firearms and child abuse?

And in any case the point is that Waco does not absolve McVeigh and
the militias for the blame for Oaklahoma.

	Phill

Thread